Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blue Butterfly


Navy blue, a bit of silver and Kraft? For some reason, I went with it (probably because Mrs. V. really likes navy blue, I already had Kraft out from my last card and the silver? well, that's the part I'm not so sure about...) The butterfly was stamped on linen white and then sponged with chalk. I love scallops, I think they add just the right amount of grace and sophistication. I think the overall design would have been a bit more dynamic had I used some dimension, but I did have to consider that this will be mailed across seven different states. The layout is based on the Timeless Tuesday sketch at Flourishes. I love finding challenges for the inspiration, but I so would love to win sometime at Flourishes just to have one of their awesome sets.

Here's the goods: CTMH Butterfly Wings, Heidi Grace Thank You, SU Kraft Cardstock, White Linen Paper, Silver Paper, Navy Cardstock, SU Chalks, SU Corner Rounder Punch (to create the scallops)

2 comments:

  1. Wow these are basically the colors of my entire house - so obviously I love them! Great butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete