Thursday, December 31, 2009

Patience is a Virtue


My sister and I discovered a saying in our late teens that goes something like this: Patience is a Virtue, Virtue is a Grace, Put them Together and they Make a Happy Face. Well, I need patience. Patience in the fact that it will take me a while to learn how to sew, much less on cardstock. This card was inspired by this camera bag at Mountain Gypsy Handbags for the Etsy Inspired Challenge. Loved the yellow and gray together, as well as the different patterns. The sketch was inspired by Stamping411. The image isn't of the best quality, my camera landed in the dog dish FULL of water over the holiday so I need to work on fixing it or getting another.

This card went in fifty directions, used lots of paper that was tossed and about fifty yards of thread.

Ugh, remember, Karen, patience...

If you all hang in with me, I will soon learn the art of sewing and we all can get a good chuckle out of this card when I do learn. Then we will have a happy face.

So, Have a Happy New Year everyone, and be safe tonight.

Here's the Goods: So Saffron SU Cardstock, White Cardstock, SU DSP, SU So Saffron and Going Gray Ink, SU So Saffron Button and retired ribbon, SU Woodgrain, Sincere Salutations and In the Spotlight Stamps, thread

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors! Sewing on paper is challenging... I'm still learning (and don't have alot of patience!)

    Happy New Year and thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete