Thursday, December 3, 2009

Toothpick Series - Installment #2


Hello Birdie

Here's my second card tonight using toothpicks for the Everything but the Kitchen Sink Household Item Challenge #4: Toothpicks (see my first card here).

Once I had the toothpicks out I started to randomly arrange them every which way and it came to me that the tips would make a cute birdie's tail. I cut them down, glued them to cardstock, added a hand drawn felt body and then used a brown marker for the legs and beak directly colored on to the cardstock. I also wanted to keep this design fairly simple to showcase the toothpicks as the tail.

Here's the Goods: We R Memory Keepers DSP Urban Window Collection, Chocolate Chip SU Marker, Pumpkin Pie SU Felt Flower, Cream Cardstock, Toothpicks

5 comments:

  1. CUTE! Another great idea & love that paper! Thanks for playing again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl you're on a roll. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE! Great idea and execution for the tail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Love that birdie!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at EbtKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Love how you used the toothpicks as his tailfeathers! Great job with the EBTKS challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete